Ally Kelly is the founder and CEO of Mind Blank Ltd. Ally’s personal experience with mental health struggles and family experience with suicidal behaviour fuelled her passion for mental health awareness. Mind Blank’s aim is to reduce the risk of suicide through interactive and innovative programs in schools, communities, and workplaces.
In 2017 Ally won the Mental Health Matters Award for Mental Health Promotion and in 2019 the Mental Health Services Award for Mental Illness prevention.
You can listen to Ally’s Tilly Money podcast interview here
- Did you have a business mentor or someone that inspired your career path journey?
I have had many over the years. One of my first mentors gave me an activity to seek out 5 contacts in your network that you are inspired by that are like minded to your field of work. Once I had identified these 5 people she asked me to reach out to them for a coffee to pick their brains about their journey. 4 of 5 responded and to this date I am grateful for that suggestion.
- What are some of the lessons in leadership that you’d encourage other young, aspiring businesswomen to remember and implement?
When you do not know how to do a task, give it a go the way you think it could work and you will find your way through it.
- What is your approach to money and personal finance, and do you have any money rituals or habits?
I focus on producing multiple streams of income. This will help you in uncertain times.
- What is your proudest career achievement?
Setting up a financially viable business.
- What money/business/life advice would you give to your 21-year-old self (if she’d listen)?
Back yourself. No one else will be your biggest cheerleader.