1. The fourth year of the Women in Finance Awards will be held on 10 September, with 10 finalists being revealed over the next week. The Women in Finance Awards are a national program designed to acknowledge female leadership and innovation in Australia’s financial sector.
2. Older women are the fastest-growing group of people experiencing homelessness. Research by the SBS shows 240,000 women aged 55 or older are at risk of homelessness mainly due to the struggle to keep up with rising rent prices.
3. Former Bridgewater Associates (founded by popular hedge fund manager Ray Dalio) co-CEO, Eileen Murray filed a gender-discrimination lawsuit against the firm after negotiating her departure package for three months as her offer was less than what the firm paid to lower-level male employees.
4. Popular body and skincare company, Grown Alchemist (stocked by David Jones and Net-A-Porter) is calling for potential investors to buy a 20% stake in the natural beauty company.
5. In the US presidential election race, the selection for Joe Biden’s vice presidential running mate has narrowed to either Californian Senator Kamala Harris or former Obama national security adviser Susan Rice.