1. The American baseball team the Miami Marlins has appointed Kim Ng, as General Manager, making her the first female GM in Major League Baseball history. The appointment comes after 30 years in the industry and her first application for a GM role entered 15 years ago.
2. The Australian Financial Review has profiled the five female leaders, who make up the majority of the leadership team at mining company BHP. Karen Wood, Caroline Cox, Athalie Williams, Laura Tyler, Geraldine Slattery and Vandita Pant all come from a diverse range of backgrounds and expertise.
3. In a virtual address to the APEC CEO Forum, Sheryl Sandberg, the Facebook Chief Operating Office and author of Lean In, has said “women have been disproportionately impacted by the global pandemic. They are more likely to have responsibility for others, more likely to loses their jobs or have their pay cut and more likely to feel overwhelmed, stressed or anxious.”
4. Originally founded by Ariana Huffington, The Huffpost is now being purchased by BuzzFeed. The merger will unite two of the largest players within the digital media space.
5. South Australia is entering a six-day lockdown, in a race to curb the spread of a recent coronavirus outbreak. 36 cases were detected in Adelaide last Sunday after the state hadn’t experienced any community transmitted cases for six months prior.